Supacolor Wearable Transfer
How to Press Tees Like a Supastar
(100% Cotton or Blends)
Set Temperature and Time
- 320F (160C)
- 12-15 seconds
Load a Test T-shirt
If possible, slip the platen through the shirt so there is only one layer of fabric on top. This will improve contact and speed things up! Otherwise, lay the tee on top of the platen.
- Manual Press: Tighten dial until the press won’t close. Loosen dial progressively until the press closes.
- Hotronix and Geo Knight: 8-9
- Pneumatic Press: 40-50 PSI
Pre-Press: 5-8 Seconds
Prepressing releases moisture from the garment ensuring good contact. Repeat this step until there is no steam.
Place Supacolor transfer on the garment. Lay a teflon sheet or parchment paper over the Supacolor.
Press 12-15 Seconds
Hot peel immediately from a corner in one smooth motion. Peel with confidence and without hesitation. Hold down tee with your free hand for better control.
Post-Press: 2-4 Seconds
Use a teflon sheet or parchment to seal the edges of the Supacolor.
- Always test press on a spoiled or old tee to dial in your press before pressing your production.
- Supacolor always gives you spares so you can dial in your press.
- Supacolor not sticking when you peel? Increase pressure and peel quickly within 2 seconds of opening the press.
- Still won’t peel easily? Repress for 4 seconds then try from a different corner.
- These instructions are your default starting point, settings may vary for different garments and presses.